Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day One - April 7th, 2009

It was actually fun today taking pictures of everything I ate...it really kept my eating in check! I didn't have any bites, licks and tastes, cause I didn't want to cheat! :-)
For breakfast I had 1 cup Jumbo Rice Krispies, and 1/2 cup of milk for 3 points. It is my new favorite cereal cause it tastes great, and it's very low in points!
Then I was at work for the day, and I'm always so hungry there because I am sitting at a desk. I eat SO much just out of boredom and something to do, so I'm trying to do better at that! I had a yogurt for a snack ( 2 points ). I thought it was 1 point, but it was really 2...so I was a little disappointed, but it was still delicious!
My mom brought in homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch. It only contained chicken, chicken broth, onions and lots of carrots. I counted 5 points for the soup, and then I had 2 points worth of Ritz crackers....not quite enough crackers for my liking, but I would totally get carried away with Ritz, so I had to put a limit on them!
That was normally WAY more points than I eat for lunch, so I had to be really careful to not eat too much during the afternoon. Around 3:00pm I decided to have some Jollytime popcorn and a diet cherry pepsi. ( only 1 point! ) It really hit the spot! :-)
For dinner I had Chicken-Spinach Pie with Mashed potato crust. If you want the recipe, here is the link - http://www.parenting.com/recipes-article/Recipes/Main-Dish/Chicken-Spinach-Pie-with-Mashed-Potato-Crust. It is so delicious, and I figured it to be 8 points for 4 servings. It is pretty filling too, and very healthy! Sorry the picture doesn't do it justice...it really is good!
To finish off my night...I had my old faithful "Brownies with ice cream" for only 3 points! I tell ya, it's the best 3 points you'll ever eat! :-) I will eventually post the recipe for the brownies. Nothing like eating my delicious dessert and watching Biggest Loser after the kids are in bed!
Well, there you have it folks! Wasn't that so exciting????? I had a great day today, and didn't go over my points. Yeah for me!! Hopefully tomorrow goes as smooth! Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you need to post the brownie recipe! I really want some right now! :)

    ReplyDelete