Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ever have a day like this?

Today was just one of those days that I started off so well...then ended up NOT proud of myself at the end of the day. Here...I'll show you....

Breakfast - 1 1/2 cups of Kashi cereal with 1/2 cup of milk - 4 points

Ok, so then I had my niece's 4th birthday party to bring my girls to. Now, they were having egg salad sandwichs for lunch, so I even did so well as I made my own egg salad ( 1 egg, 2 egg whites with lite mayo) and had it on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. Great right? She had fruit skewers which was great! So lunch was - 6 points
This is where the day first went sour. I brought my own 1 point brownies for dessert, promising myself if they had cake, I would have my brownies instead. Sounds great...right? WELL, she had made yummy, soft, chewy sugar cookies for the kids to frost with her DELICIOUS whipped frosting. Oh my gosh. Some other person took over my body...and I had 2 1/2 cookies with frosting. Yup. I did. And at the moment, I didn't even care. I figured, well, I'll just eat very few points the rest of the day and I should be fine. Problem was...it was still 12:30 at the time.

Then I came home and made myself not eat anything until dinner time. Oh my gosh. I found the most AMAZING dinner. It's my new favorite...taped on my cupboard door...tastes like you are at "Taco Bell" recipe. You know I will share it...right? ;-)

Dinner - Chicken and Rice Burritos w/sour cream - 6 points
Well...if I told you my day ended there...it would have been perfect. But it didn't. I continued to have a big bowl of Captain Crunch, 3 one point brownies....I think that may be it. I did take a nice uphill walk though. I just don't know what it is, but I felt like I didn't have control last night. Ever have days like that? Most days, it's not a problem and I just tell myself "No." I don't know what it was last night...but it's over. Today is a new day, and I'm trying again! I will leave you with this AMAZING recipe! Go make it for dinner tonight...the family will love it!

Chicken and Rice Burritos

10 points for whole recipe


Serves 2 ( or 1 very hungry person! )


1 cup cooked brown rice

1/4 cup salsa

1/2 cup cooked, diced chicken ( 3 ounces )

1/4 cup 2% Cheddar cheese ( you could use regular and add one point, or FF and take away 1 point...I think! )

2 whole wheat flour tortillas ( I use the 1 point ones )

Reduced Fat or Fat Free Sour cream/salsa to dip


Microwave the chicken and salsa together in the microwave until hot. Stir in rice and cheese. Seperate mix into the 2 tortillas. For the entire recipe it is 10 points. So, one burrito would be 5 points! I'm telling you....dip it in some sour cream and you could swear you are at Taco Bell! They are so good that I am making them for dinner again tonight! YEAH!!


Also, a little tip. If you want to make this SUPER easy and fast to make, use the Minute Ready to Serve brown rice. Stick it in the microwave for 1 minute and it is ready. It is 1 cup, so it is exactly what you need for this recipe. No joke, I made this meal in less than 10 minutes! That's what I like!

4 comments:

  1. ok my days are like that almost every day! ha!! Don't beat yourself up! Like you said, it's a new day!! You are doing awesome! You didn't post if you lost anything this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I stayed the same this week. I was ok with it though..cause of Mother's Day and such, I ate a little more. Oh well...it's better than going up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try those burritos - They sound and look delicious! Thanks for sharing all of these tips and recipes! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staying the same is definatly better than going up! I've struggled like that too, but I'm glad you are going strong and standing right back up and keeping going!

    All the best!

    Cyn

    ReplyDelete