Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 1st, 2009

I had some great new food finds today, so I'm excited to share them with you! I went grocery shopping yesterday, spent a TON of money, but got alot of really good food! Here is my day!

Breakfast - 1 cup Jumbo Rice Krispies w/milk - 2 points

Lunch - Flat-out wrap with 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Reduced-Fat Peanut Butter, 1 banana, and then 2 tablespoons of 3 Cheese Light Ranch dressing with broccoli and carrots - 8 points

I have to say, an 8 point lunch is REALLY high for me...but I couldn't believe how full it kept me!! It was so delicious, and I wasn't even hungry until about 4 hours later! Pretty healthy too!

Snack - Smart Food Honey Multigrain Popcorn Clusters - 1 POINT!!! These taste just like Crunch N Munch...I can't believe they are only 1 point! You can find them in the chips/popcorn section...I got them at Walmart, but maybe you can get them at Wegmans, etc.

Dinner - 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1 slice of 2% cheese on an Arnold Sandwich Thin - 4 points

Snack - 1 apple and an AWESOME peanut buttery dip! - 4 points - I will have to post the recipe for this dip soon! For 2 Tablespoons of dip, it's only 1 point! 2 points for 4 Tablespoons too. I used 5 Tablespoons cause I had an extra point, and it was so awesome with the apple! I tried another cool idea with it, but I haven't tasted it yet, so I'll wait until I test it to share it with you!

Dessert - Single serve microwave cake - 4 points - YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of my cake...sniff sniff...I was enjoying it way too much to think about it! I found the recipe at another blog, and ran out to buy the stuff to try it! Since I didn't take a picture, I'll just give you the recipe instead!

1/3 cup Reduced Sugar Chocolate Cake mix
1/3 cup Diet Coke

Stir together until smooth and microwave in a cereal bowl for 1 1/2 minutes. Stick a cake tester in it to make sure it is done.

Take 1 Tablespoon Reduced Sugar Chocolate Frosting and plop it on the top. Microwave for 10-15 seconds more just to melt the frosting. Then, spread it all over the top, and DEVOUR!! It tastes like a Chocolate Melting Cake! I'm going to have it again tonight, so I'll make sure to take a picture!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I've been eating an apple everyday since I've been pregnant so I would be interested in the dip recipe! Also, don't forget about that brownie recipe too!!! That cake sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for that dip recipe it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay it took me long enough but I finally tried this cake recipe. What I had on hand was lemon cake mix and reduced sugar cream cheese frosting. It was really good! I think I overcooked mine a little I left it in for 2 minutes instead of 1 1/2, but it was awesome still. Thanks so much for this quick and awesome dessert recipe!

    ReplyDelete