Friday, May 8, 2009

May 7th, 2009 - WEIGH IN DAY

Well, I was down 1.8 pounds last night! I was up quite a bit the week before, so I was hoping it would be more, but I'll will take it! I don't usually post my whole day of eating on Thursday, cause after Weigh In at 7pm, I usually enjoy myself and eat something that I normally don't the rest of the week, cause I have a whole week before I have to weigh in again! Horrible...isn't it? ;-) I actually didn't do that bad last night, probably only went 7-9 points over my daily allowance points, so I guess I'll share my day!

Breakfast - 2 cups Jumbo Krispies, 1 cup milk - 5 points - Normally I eat a bigger breakfast on WI day, cause I don't eat much else throughout the day

Lunch - 1 1/2 TB Peanut Butter, 1 TB Sugar Free Jelly on a Flat Out Light Wrap - 4 points

This is the jelly I just bought and tried....REALLY good! It's 0 points too! Only 10 calories for a tablespoon!

Then I didn't eat until weigh in. Oh yeah, did I mention my friend and I RODE OUR BIKES to WW tonight???? If you knew where I lived, you would know it's a feat to do! It's probably about 3 miles away, and the way there is pretty simple, most of it is straight down a hill. I don't have to tell you what that means on the way back....oh my....it's so steep on the way back that we end up having to walk some of the way cause you lose your balance! It's great exercise though..I must have earned a few activity points for all the extra snacking I did that night!

At Weight Watchers, I had a Fiber Plus granola bar to try to give me some energy for the ride home - 2 points - and then they gave us all a sample of the new Chocolate Brownie - 1 point. I LOVED it, but the problem is, they only come in 2 point bars, although the sample they gave us was only 1 point. I just can't justify spending all the money on the bars when they are 2 points...cause I can buy lots of 2 points snacks for way less money. Oh well...they were delicious though if anyone was wondering! :-)

Once we got home ( barely ), we had my yummy dinner that I had made earlier that day....Chicken Baseballs. It was the first time I had tried the recipe, and let me tell you, they were amazing!! I had 2 people at my house that don't do Weight Watchers, and they both LOVED them! I was so excited that they turned out so good, and I will make them again for sure! I paired it up with some steamed broccoli with a piece of 2% cheese on it, which made it 7 points for the whole meal.

Dessert....I made a parfait with Vitatops, mini chocolate chips, sugar free vanilla pudding, sugar free chocolate pudding, and FF whipped cream. I really have to say, I'm not in love with my vitatops...sniff sniff...I really wanted to LOVE them. I guess I have too much of a sweet tooth, and they are kinda dry and bland for me. If anyone has any ideas or recipes with them that you love, PLEASE share! I just spent $35 on them...so I want to use them! The parfait ended up being 6 points.

Ok, then I snacked a little after the kids went to bed....I had a handful of chocolate animal crackers with 1/2 cup of milk, and then a mini fudge round! AHHH! It was probably 8 points or so. Not too bad since I've eaten like a 1/2 a package of Oreos before on a Thursday....ok...maybe not quite that many....but almost!

I will leave you with the recipe for Chicken Baseballs...let me know if you try them and what you think! Thank you for leaving a comment also...it keeps me wanting to post more!

Chicken Baseballs

Serves 4
6 points

3 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened
2 tsp light margarine melted
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small chopped onion
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 8oz can reduced fat crescent rolls
2 Tbsp skim milk

In a blender (or by hand) combine cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper, milk, onion. Blend. Pour mixture over chicken and stir. Separate crescent roll dough into four rectangles and seal perforations.

Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into center of each. Pull opposite corners of dough to center and seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet or pizza stone. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. I picked you :-)

    Check out my blog
    www.angelasgrandadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at the weigh in. The way you were talking all week, you sounded like you would have gained. But seeing how well you ate, I am not surprised you lost. Good work! Oh, and I have been meaning to tell you that I tried those Arnold whatchamacallit rolls... LOVE THEM! They make really good sandwiches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those baseball chicken things look and sound really yummy, I'll let you know when I try it out!

    Congrats on the WI results! I lost .5 this week, but it was my birthday and I indulged on mudd pie and a burger at red robin and other goodies too, so I'm just glad I didn't gain any!

    I'm glad to see someone real posting about the vitatops, I was wondering how I'd like them, as I have a real sweet tooth too. You've got me thinkin' twice about spending that kind of money on them now. I dont want to be stuck with that many dry muffin tops!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang - Thanks for picking me!! I feel so honored!

    PS_Iloveyou - Congrats on LOSING on your birthday week! That is awesome! I had a birthday back in April, and I think I gained a pound or so that week, so kudos to you!

    Yeah, I had only read so much good stuff about the Vitatops, that I was dissapointed when they weren't what I envisioned! They are probably worth like $5 or $10 for 20 of them...not as much as I paid! :-) I'll let you know if I find a yummy use for them though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ju...I forgot about you! ;-) Don't you LOVE those sandwich thins though? They are my new favorite food...they go good with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will need to try the baseballs! They look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica, What is a vitatop? Thanks. Mr. Q.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Q.....here is a link to them. They are like muffin tops, but with a lot of vitamins, fiber, protein, etc, and are only 1 point. I tried a Vita Brownie last night, and it was pretty good! Not a bad choice for only 1 point!
    http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html

    ReplyDelete