Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 3rd, 2009

I didn't take pictures today, besides the pictures of things that I post every day, so I will just post how the day went!

Breakfast - 1 cup Jumbo Krispies, 1/2 cup milk - 2 points

Lunch - Arnold Sandwich Thin Egg Sandwich, and 3 brownies - 8 points

Then, came the shower! I planned it all out and brought food for me to eat that I knew the points values, etc. Well, I got there, and it was a very small shower in a living room, so I felt very rude pulling out my own food when they had made a TON of food for us and were walking around serving it! I am very proud of how I did though. I said "No Thank You" to everything besides something that REALLY looked good, and then I just would take one small piece. They had all types of cheesecakes and pies, and I didn't have any. I had a handful of M&m's instead. I figured it must have been less points, but it filled my sweet craving. I just counted 12 points for the afternoon to be safe.

Of course, the shower ended at 3:30, so by dinner time I was hungry, but I knew I shouldn't really eat much, seeing that I had some higher point foods at the shower. I just had a 2 point blueberry muffin that I made yesterday, and called it a night.

I'm STARVING right now, but am going to go to bed and try to sleep it off cause I don't want to go over my points today! I'm going to leave you with the delicious blueberry muffin recipe that I made! Only 2 points!! DELICIOUS!!!

Big Fat Blueberry Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk
1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup Splenda
3 Tablespoons brown sugar ( not packed )
2 Tablespoons light buttery spread, room temperature
2 Tablespoons No-Sugar-Added Applesauce ( Mott's Blueberry Delight if you can find it! )
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt, stirring until mixed well.

In a large mixing bowl, combine soymilk, syrup, egg substitute, butter, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer or a whisk, mix until thoroughly blended. Do not worry if butter bits do not break up completely.

Add dry ingredients in the first mixing bowl to wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl and mix until completely blended. Then fold in blueberries.

Line a 6-cup muffin pan with baking liners and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 6 cups.

Bake in the oven for about 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in to the center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm...blueberry muffins sound REALLY good right now! They LOOK great, too - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That muffin looks delish! I might have to make a batch for the weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete