Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 18th, 2009

Ya know....I figure if the week only consisted of Monday-Friday and we got rid of the weekend, I probably would have been at my goal weight 6 months ago. Weekends are SO hard for me...for some reason I feel like I lose control. It's the combo of my husband being home and making good meals/desserts, going to people's houses, going out to eat with my hubby and girls seeing that it is the only time we are all home together, etc. Sigh....well, on to my day yesterday...

Breakfast - 1 cup Jumbo Rice Krispies, 1/2 cup milk, and an overflowing cup of strawberries - 3 points

Snack - 1 banana - 2 points
Lunch - Egg salad/mayo on a sandwich thin, Smart food caramel popcorn and a diet soda - 6 points
Snack - 1 Triple Chunk Vita Top - 1 point ( For some reason I liked the Vitatops better today...it tasted really yummy compared to last time I ate it! I think I figured out why. If I want CHOCOLATE, I won't go for a Vitatop. I would go for my 1 point brownies cause they fill that craving. But, for a afternoon snack, the Vitatops are pretty good. Make sense? :-)
Dinner - Spinach Lasanga with a Arnold Sandwich Thin w/spray butter - 9 points
Ok, this dinner was AMAZING!!! I wish I could remember whose blog I got it off of so I could give credit where credit is due, but I can't remember! I made it last night, and my non-ww sister was over and she loved it! I'm totally having it for dinner again tonight...cause I have leftovers! I will post the recipe.
Dessert - 2 brownies with 1 Tablespoon melted "Reduced Sugar Chocolate Frosting" on them - 3 points
Ok...so I came up with this brillant idea. I was making the single microwave cake w/frosting from WW Chick's blog, and I liked it, but I not a huge cake fan overall. I would rather have a brownie. But I realized why I loved that cake recipe is because I LOVED having the frosting. So, for 1 point less than the cake, I warmed up 2 brownies, then put the frosting in a little cup, warmed it up for 15 seconds and poured it over the brownies. Can you say HEAVEN????
So, that was my day. What did you think? LOL! I will now leave you with the Spinach Lasagna!

Spinach Lasagna

9 points for 4 servings

1 24 oz jar Classico Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce
2 tsp minced garlic
pinch nutmeg ( i didn't use )
1.5 bags of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup fat free egg substitute
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
garlic salt
little onion powder
italian seasonings
6 pieces lasagna noodles ( Now, I used whole wheat, so I have to think that lowered the points a little )
3 cups Weight Watchers Mozzarella cheese ( I used 2 cups of Fat Free Mozzarella cheese and the rest, 2% milk cheese. I know this dropped the points a bit too )
2 TBS reduced fat Parmesan cheese

Spray a pan with cooking spray and turn on medium heat. Put garlic and nutmeg in pan and when it starts to sizzle, add spinach leaves. Stir until the spinach leaves are wilted and then remove from heat.

In a bowl, combine egg substitute, ricotta, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasonings, 1.5 cups mozzarella, and spinach leaves.

Spray a 2 quart pan,( or 8x8 or whatever size you want to use) with cooking spray. Pour about 1/2 jar of sauce on bottom. Top with 3 noodles, then top with half of cheese/spinach mixture. Pour next 1/3 jar sauce on top. Repeat with reamaining noodles, cheese and sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella and the parmesan.

Cover with foil and place on a cookie sheet ( just in case of overflow ) and bake at 375 for 50-60 mintues. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer. Let set for about 5 minutes after you remove it from the oven. ( Mine baked in 50 minutes TOTAL....fyi )

YUMMY! Let me know if you try this! You will LOVE it! Chow!

4 comments:

  1. That recipe does sound good! I will try it out one day this week and let you know what I think =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to make that... It does look really good:) ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. those brownies look sooo good! I'm so going to try that out. I bought the sugar free frosting from the grocery this week!

    ReplyDelete