Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 8th, 2009

Friday is usually a day that I use no flex points, but my husband had the day off yesterday, so everything was crazier than normal. I didn't really take pictures cause we were out all day, but I will still share what I ate!

Breakfast - 1 cup Jumbo Krisipes with 1/2 cup milk - 2 points

Lunch - 1 TBSP Peanut Butter, 1 TBSP jelly on a wrap - 4 points

Snack - 2 bites of my kids hotdogs - 2 points? LOL...I couldn't resist just trying some! :-)

Then my husband says, "Wanna go out to dinner tonight?" Of course I said "Sure"...it's VERY rare that he has off on a Friday night. So he wanted to go to this little resturant on the golf course that he is a member at. I tell you, if I had my camera I would have taken a picture and showed you the menu. There is NOTHING healthy or low-cal on the menu. I swear. The only thing is a side garden salad. Ugh. No thanks. Everything is cheeseburgers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken alfredo, fish frys, pulled pork, chicken french, mashed potatoes, fries, you name a greasy delicious food, they've got it! Don't get me wrong, it all is DELICIOUS...but not exactly for someone who is trying to lose 15 pounds! ;-) I went back and forth with what to get. My husband got the buffet with all of my favorite foods being served, so I KNEW that would be a bad choice. The best thing I found on the menu was Chicken Parmesean. When the waiter came I asked if they had any wheat pasta. He came back and said they had a box way back on the shelf, but they could cook it for me if I wanted it. I said that would be great. When the food came, I only ate 1/3 of the piece of chicken, and about 3 bites of pasta. I also only had 1 bite of the garlic bread, and had my husband eat the rest!
Along with my dinner, just so I didn't deprive myself too much, I had 1 bite of my husband's Chicken French, 1 bite of the Garlic Smashed potates, and a couple of my girls fries. I actually left the resturant still a little hungry....I was pretty proud of myself. Normally I leave there feeling STUFFED!
When we got home my husband wanted me to make brownies, so I had a little slice of a brownie for dessert. I know I dipped into my Flex Points, but I don't think it was too bad. It's going to be hard this weekend with Mother's day and such, but I am honestly going to try my hardest to stay on plan, with still enjoying myself a little! ;-)
Sorry for the book! I will resume taking pictures again today, and post tomorrow! Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. WTG! I know how hard it is to make a good choice, esp at a restaurant you really enjoy. My first mistake would've been to go for the buffet!
    Kudos!

    BTW, your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete