Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29th, 2009

Hello my faithful readers, whomever you may be! As you know, I don't post on Thursdays...but I usually post my weigh in. I went back and forth whether I would share how I did this week on the scale...and REALLY didn't want to, cause it was so bad. But, this blog, and weight loss in general, has the good, bad AND the ugly, so I will tell you. I was up 2.4 pounds from the holiday weekend. I know...terrible. But there is nothing I can do about it, besides work hard to get it off! Right? Here is a look at today!

Breakfast - Oatmeal w/peanut butter, and a VitaTop - 4 points

Lunch - 2 slices 2% cheese on an Arnold Thin grilled cheese sandwich, and 1 bag of the Smart Clusters Honey Multigrain - 4 points - and MAN...was that a good lunch! I will be having that again for sure!
Snack - 1 cup Jumbo Rice Krispies with 1/2 cup milk - 2 points
Dinner - Spinach Lasagna with 1 piece of bread w/spray butter - 11 points - this meal is so amazing...it tastes like you are just eating gobs and gobs of gooey, fattening cheese...you would never guess that it has fat free and reduced fat ingredients! YUM!
Then, my dear friends, I did FORTY...oh yes...I said FORTY MINUTES on the elliptical and burned 607 calories! Yeah for me! I had three points left...so I decided to have my newest delight....2 brownies with frosting for 3 points. Finished off the day quite perfectly I must say!
So...the next week is going to be VERY challenging for me. Let me break it down for you....

Tomorrow ( Saturday ) - My Brother-in-law's wedding/reception. Need I say more?

Sunday - Going out to dinner with friends and back to their house for ice cream

Monday - Going away for a night with my hubby to Cleveland to see a Yankees game...um lets see...hotel breakfasts....hot dogs at the game....eating while traveling there...not too pretty of a picture.

Tuesday - Still away with the hubby

Friday - Leaving for the weekend with my dad, brother and my girls for NYC for 3 days to see Yankees play at the new stadium ( YAY! ) and visit relatives. 3 more days of staying with someone and having my food prepared for me, instead of making my own and knowing the points values.

That brings me right up until next Monday. Do you agree I have a uphill battle ahead?????

3 comments:

  1. I'm a faithful reader,lol. Don't feel bad about your weight gain this week, I gained 1.6 at ww, it happens sometimes! I think that this week will be challenging, I am facing the same thing in a week, but I've noticed that when I feel "out of control" as far as eating, I can do one of two things, either give up and eat with reckless abandon, or at least be conscious of what I'm eating and keep portions small and opt for healthy choices, even if I don't know the points.Weight loss has to be realistic, and realistically, times like this come up and we just have to give it our best and keep going when we return to normalcy!
    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definately bring healthy snacks for in the car and at the game! That way even if you can't count points when eating dinner and at other people's houses, you can control it when you are by yourself. Does the hotel have a fitness center? You and Ben could work out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another faithful reader here. We all have setbacks, the important thing is to do the best you can with the options you have available to you. I like Km and Jenna's suggestions. Keep healthy snacks with you and try to find time to exercise either at the hotel gym, or even just walking around the block wherever you staying. Every good choice counts towards making it to your goals.

    You can do it! Don't give up on yourself!

    All the best!

    Cyndall

    ReplyDelete