Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


I KNOW this weekend is going to be bad. On top of going out to eat tonight, tomorrow, family picnic on Sunday, and a huge picnic again on Monday, I have a visit from a monthly not-so-friend. Ugh. I mean, I'm not going to blow the whole weekend on purpose, but exp this time of month, I feel like I have no will power.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I know they always talk about "Mental Rehearsing" before going to a party/picnic. For those of you who don't know...that would be like, "Ok, I'm going to only have 1 hog dog with 1/2 a roll, and I will pick 1 dessert that looks the best and just have 1 piece of it." etc. That is great...and I do that part wonderfully! Seriously, I go to a party all prepared with what I am going to do...its just the executing part of the plan that I can't seem to go through with. For example, going out to eat with my husband tonight, I can think all I want that I'm just going to have a salad with grilled chicken...but as soon as I see the menu with a Friday Fish Fry, and Chicken French, I know that is what I will choose. After all, I'm out to dinner with my family, how often does that happen? The problem is...every weekend for this summer is crazy busy with events like this! I NEED HELP!!

What do you guys do? It just seems like I always have such good intentions, but by the end of the day, I'm always so mad at myself for the choices I ended up making.

4 comments:

  1. would love to give you advice but I've yet to find any that works haha. Extra exercise maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an area that I can't really help in!! I do pretty well going out to eat, but other than that--picnics, parties and weekends, it's really bad! I'm curious to see what other people write! Cause when you do bad for 2 days and gain 2 pounds, even when you do good the rest of the week, you only lose the weight that you gained and then you are just back to where you started. Very frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd look at WW booklet number 5. The one titled Eat Out and On the Run. It very helpful for plans on eating out. The first thing I caught notice of was the part about not even bothering thinking you'll just get a salad at restaurants for the rest of your life because its unrealistic and setting yourself up for failure.
    If you know you're going to go out just about every weekend this summer than the excuse of it being a special occasion just doesn't work anymore. Celebrate your special occasion with good habits that will help you celebrate their anniversaries for years to come, not the choices that fulfill your short term cravings.

    I'll look forward to seeing how you do!

    Cyndall

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I like to get something semi-healthy but not all greens and then ask for a to-go box right when my meal gets there. I put half in the box and then enjoy my meal at a more point manageable portion.

    Hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete